Friday, February 17, 2012

An old page of diary: "Trip to Montreal"
This is the first trip of its kind that I planned ,executed& traveled all alone all by myself.

Last night was quite disturbing, I just could not sleep well. The idea of waking up early in the morning & going to VIA station was so much on my mind that I ultimately decided to wake up at 3:30 am. Offered my prayers first tahajjud then fajr, got ready , had breakfast , rolled out my pull man out of the door. After locking the door recited my duas and started walking to the station. It was still almost dark , luckily the area is well lit.It was nice that I don't have to go too far . The station is just next to my building. Walked under the tunnel ; when arrived at the station , the doors were not even open yet. what an early bird?It was just like a kid going on his first day of school. Eventually a lot of passengers started arriving but the train was late by 45 minutes.The ride was quite comfy and the food was sufficient for today. At the station , tried to find my way to Rene Levesque Blvd. My hotel Travelogue was just down the street. I got a nice room , freshened up and walked around to look in the area. Us embassy was just 10 minutes away from the hotel,I was visiting US Embassy @ Montreal  for my immigration interview. Montreal and the people looked like I am in a French country. Most of the people speaking french , all the street signs, every sign board was  in French. While talked to a few , I was told that they do not understand English.
The down town is quite impressive. A bit similar to Toronto's down town , tall uprising buildings, narrow streets, a lot of Tulips blooming around and a lot of pedestrians. Mcgill and Concordia  universities were just around the corner. The China town starts up after the hotel with typical architecture of big Pagoda Golden arch
and the white lions. There were Chinese, Vietnamese and Korean restaurants. Had my dinner and brewed some coffee. The manager seemed like an Arab Muslim. Most of the French speaking Arabs are settled in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment